Sunday, February 15, 2009

Shilpa joins IPL bandwagon, buys stake in Rajasthan Royals (Roundup)


With the tie-up, Shilpa becomes the fourth Bollywood star after Preity Zinta, Shah Rukh Khan and Juhi Chawla to enter the IPL. While Preity is part-owner of Kings XI Punjab, Shah Rukh and Juhi are co-owners of Kolkata Knight Riders.
Shilpa termed it a strategic business investment and said: “I completely relate to Rajasthan Royals. My story is similar to the team’s journey to the top. It is an honour to be a part of Rajasthan Royals.”
“Whenever the team needs me I will always pitch in. I will be the moral support of my team. The team needed an Indian owner and so I am here,” she added. Mumbai, Feb 3 (IANS) Shilpa Shetty Tuesday became the latest Bolywood star to join the Indian Premier League (IPL) bandwagon when she and London-based NRI businessman Raj Kundra bought a 11.7 percent stake in league champions Rajasthan Royals.The couple has invested $15.4 million in the team, which was bought by London-based Emerging Media Group for $67 million.

No comments:

Post a Comment